Want to invest in stocks like Reliance, TCS, Infosys, or Itc? If the answer is yes, then you will need a Demat Account and Trading Account.
“Demat Account is a digital wallet where you can store your financial asset like equity, commodities, bonds, government securities, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, etc.“
It would be best if you had the best stock broker that provides you too cheap and the Best Demat Account.
Choosing the Best stock broker is one of the most important decisions you will make as a beginner investor. This guide aims are to introduce you to Indias best Demat Account Provider.
But first, we learn which type of stockbroker we needed; there are two types of Stock Brokers in India.
Types of Stock-Brokers in india:
- Discount Broker
- Full-Service Broker
- Discount broker focuses only on executing buying and selling orders for their clients.
- they didn’t give any recommendation service
- Low brokerage fee Compared to Full-Service Broker.
- Not offer recommendations on the investment.
if you want to save money on brokerage fee, then you choose Discount Broker
zerodha, upstox, 5paisa, etc., are some top discount brokers.
- Full-Service Broker provides a large variety of services to its clients, such as research and advice, retirement planning, tax tips, and much more.
- usually this type of broker charge more compared to discount brokers
- same brokers provide a 3-in-1 Demat account( means a bank account, trading account, and Demat)
if you want recommendations or research report, then you must choose Full-Service Broker.
Sharekhan, HDFC Securities, ICICI Direct.. are some examples of Full-Service Broker.
It is all up to you which of these types you have to suck. If our opinion is taken, then we will suggest you go with Discount Broker. here is the list of Best Discount Broker In India.
Let’s talk about India’s top stock brokers. They provide the best Broking service.
Best Demat Account Provider in India
|Top 5 Discount Broker||Top 5 Full-Service Broker|
|Angel broking||HDFC Securities|
Best Discount Brokers in India
According to the Aug 2020 report by NSE, Zerodha is the largest stockbroking firm in India (client-wise). It has over 60 Lakh clients and contributes more than 15% of daily retail trading volumes across the Indian share market.
Its mobile app ‘KITE’ offers you advanced trading platforms with charts and other tools for better technical analysis. zerodha continuously introduces new technology to its clients; recently, zerodha announce an equity SIP option.
Zerodha pricing in 2021 :
- Demat & trading account opening charges – Rs 200
- Commodity account opening charges – Rs 100
- Annual maintenance charges – Rs 300 per year
Zerodha Brokerage Charges in 2021:
- All equity delivery investments (NSE, BSE) are free (₹ 0 brokerage.)
- Flat Rs. 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order on intraday trades across equity, currency, and commodity trades.
- All direct mutual fund investments are free (₹0 commissions & DP charges.)
Upstox is one of India’s fastest-growing discount brokers backed by a trusted investors, including Ratan Tata Kalaari Capital, Tiger Global, GVK Davix, and many more.
He provided fast, reliable, and easy-to-use trading platform with free paperless account opening. Recently Upstox introduces a global market investment option to invest directly in apple, Facebook, amazon stock.
Upstox pricing in 2021:
- Demat & trading account opening charges – free
- Annual maintenance charges – Rs 25 per month
Upstox Brokerage Charges in 2021:
- All equity delivery investments are free.
- Flat Rs. 20 or 0.05% (whichever is lower) per executed order on intraday trades across equity, currency, and commodity trades.
- All direct mutual fund investments are free.
5paisa is a also leading Demat provider in India. It was a sub-brand of IIFL Securities.
5paisa Registration and account opening process are very easy and fast. 5paisa provides trading in equity, currency, commodity, also offers its services in mutual funds, Insurances, Personal loans.
If you open an account in 5paisa, they give free access to their education platform 5paisa school, where you can learn about share market terminologies, basics of the stock market, trading requirements, and all you need to know about the Indian Share Market.
Being a discount broker, they still have their advisory and research team, which helps beginners.
5paisa pricing in 2021:
- Account opening charges: FREE
- Annual Maintenance charges: Rs 45 per month (only for months when you trade)
5paisa Brokerage Charges 2021:
Stocks, Commodities, Currency: ₹20/order all trade
Samco is another one best discount service providers in the market. It was founded in 2015. Samco has 1,00,000+ Satisfied Clients and present in 3000+ cities all over India.
Samco is known for low brokerage charges and high exposure, margin products, and free trading products.
- Demat account opening charges – free
- Demat account AMC – Rs. 400
Samco Brokerage Charges:
- Equity Delivery – 0.02% or Rs.20/-
- Equity Futures Trade – 0.02% or Rs.20/-
- Currency Options Trade – Rs.20/- each lot
After discussing Best Discount Brokers in India, we now introduce the Best full-service Broking service provider in India.
Best full service Brokers in India 2021
#5. ICICI Direct
ICICI Direct is one of the best and trusted stockbrokers in India. It was an online broking brand of ICICI Bank.
ICICI Direct offers you a unique 3-in-1 feature, i.e., you can get bank, trading, and Demat in one account. So you don’t need another bank account.
ICICI Direct offers a complete suite of investment products such as Online Equity Trading, Derivatives Trading, Mutual Fund & IPO, Fixed Deposit, Bond, NCD, wealth products, Home Loans, Loan against Securities, etc.
The client can visit any ICICI Bank branches or ICICI Direct, or sub-broker offices to get in-person help on financial products sold through ICICI direct.
ICICI Direct pricing:
- Account Opening Charges (One Time) – free
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges AMC (Yearly Fee) – ₹700
ICICI Direct brokerage Plan:
- Equity Delivery – 0.55%
- Equity Intraday – 0.275%
- Eq Future & Future Plus – 0.050%
- Options & Option Plus – ₹95 per lot
- NCDs / Bonds – 0.75%
#6. Angel Broking
Angel Broking is one of India’s largest retail stockbroking houses in terms of active clients; Angel Broking provides more than 1 million people’s financial services.
It provides equity, money investment, portfolio management, life insurance, ETF, IPO, mutual fund, commodity, and loan services. Angel Broking has also offered various developed trading platforms in terms of technology.
Angel’s broking account opening process is straightforward. You can open a Demat account online in only 60-minutes. Also, they provide three-month free trading tips through SMS.
In Nov 2019, Angel Broking modified its brokerage plans to compete with the discount stock brokers like Zerodha. Angel Broking now offers a flat rate brokerage plan, ‘Angel iTrade PRIME.’ This plan offers to trade in all segments (Intraday, F&O, Currencies & Commodities) at fixed ₹20 per trade except Equity Delivery; for Equity Deliver free to all clients.
Angel Broking pricing:
- Demat & trading account opening charges – Free
- Demat AMC Charges – 300 per Annum
Angel Broking Charges 2021:
- Equity Delivery – Flat ₹0 per trade
- Equity Intraday – Flat ₹20/trade
- Equity F&O – Flat ₹20 per executed order
- Currency F&O – Flat ₹20 per executed order
- Commodity F&O – Flat ₹20 per executed order
#7. HDFC Securities
India’s reputed groups HDFCs subsidiary firm HDFC Securities is one of India’s largest full-service brokers with a client base of more than 20 lakh customers, including both retail and institutional clients.
It offers a 3-in-1 account integrating HDFC Securities Demat account, HDFC Securities trading account, and HDFC bank account and provides a free mutual fund account.
HDFC Securities centralized dealing desk offers a one-stop solution for all your trading and investment requirements with free call & trade services.
HDFC Securities pricing:
- Trading Account Opening Charges: Rs 999
- Trading Account AMC: Free
- Demat Account Opening Charges: Free
- Demat Account AMC: Rs 750 PA (Waived for 1st year)
HDFC Securities Brokerage Fee:
- Equity Delivery – 0.50%
- Equity Intraday – 0.05%
- Equity Futures – 0.05%
- Equity Options – ₹100 per lot or 1% of the premium (whichever is higher)
- Currency Futures – ₹23 per contract
Sharekhan is India’s 3rd largest full-service broker after ICICI Direct and Angel broking. One of the most favorite choices for those who are prepared to invest in the Indian stock market.
The company, established in 2000, has significant market coverage in India. Not just this, but it has extended its operations outside India as well. The broker’s customer base is so wide that it carries investors, traders, corporate, NRIs, and institutional investors.
It has a huge offline presence with franchises and sub-brokers network; this would help you find a sharekhan store near your house. It was one of the very few stockbrokers to have an online presence and still backs itself with high tech trading software and platforms.
It even provides services on BSE, NSE, MCX, and NCDEX and offers trade-in equity, mutual funds, IPOs, insurance, bonds, derivatives, etc.
- Trading Account Opening Charges: Free
- Trading Account AMC: Free
- Demat Account Opening Charges: Free
- Demat Account AMC: Rs 400 PA (Waived for 1st year)
Sharekhan Brokerage Charges:
- Intraday trading: 0.10% on buy-side and ₹ 0 on the sell-side
- Delivery-based trading: 0.50% on buy-side and ₹ 0.50% on the sell-side
- Equity futures: 0.10% on the first leg and ₹0 on the second leg
- Currency futures: 0.10%
#9. IIFL SECURITIES
IIFL SECURITIES is one of the leading groups in the Indian financial services space by offering a wide range of financial services covering its client. IIFL Franchise business consists of 10,000+ sub-broker in 900 cities & towns across India
The company provides execution, advisory, and research service across products like equity, F&O, Commodity & Currency, Mutual Funds. IIFL is also one of the top distributors of AIF, PMS, and Mutual Funds.
IIFL is also named as one of the best brokerage services because of its accessible and consumer-friendly products. You will be able to access the trade market through the mobile application, computer software, and web browser as the company offers all three of them.
IIFL Securities pricing:
- Demat and Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time) – ₹250
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges AMC (Yearly Fee) – ₹250 (Free for the first year)
IIFL Securities Brokerage Charges 2020:
- Equity Delivery – 0.25%
- Equity Intraday – 0.025%
- Equity Futures – 0.025%
- Equity Options – 25 per lot
- Currency Futures – 0.025% or 020 per lot
- Currency Options – 8 per lot
- Commodity Futures – 0.025%
#10. Motilal Oswal
Motilal Oswal is one of the oldest stockbroking firms that is also a Full-Service broker. They have certain advantages like Smartwatch app, Call and trade facility is free.
Motilal Oswal has a fleet of financial advisors continually updated about market trends, dynamics, and influence. They provide you with tips and tricks, pre-trading advice. They also have beginners guide to the stock market, trading courses and provide plenty of security.
They also provide courses that help understand trading, stocks, equity better. The course design is simple and easy for anyone to understand and gain knowledge.
Motilal Oswal pricing 2021:-
|Depository Source||NSDL & CDSL|
|Account Opening Charges||Zero|
|Demat AMC Charges||Rs.300 per Annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
Motilal Oswal Brokerage Charges 2021:
|Equity Intraday||0.05% (both side)|
|Equity Futures||0.05% (both side)|
|Equity Options||Rs 100 per lot (both side)|
|Currency Futures||Rs 20 per lot (both side)|
|Currency Options||Rs 20 per lot (both side)|
|Commodity Futures||0.05% (both side)|
Zerodha and upstox lead in the discount broking segment because of their strong free delivery trading product & powerful trading platforms. if you are looking for low pricing and powerful trading software, then go with them.
in full service segment Angel Broking and Sharekhan are Best Demat Account Provider.
ICICI Direct and HDFC Securities are the best 3-in-1 Demat account provider. if you want a bank+demat+trading account, then their service is too good
Best Demat Account Provider FAQs
Which is the best Demat account for beginners?
Zerodha will always be the best Demat account for beginners. While choosing this, one thing needs to know: a beginner should make sure to go along with low-cost brokers who are good at providing.
Which is the best Demat account for traders?
Zerodha is the best Demat account for traders overall. Its brokerage fee lowest; this helps traders and investors alike put in less money but draw out immense profit all year round.
Which is the best banking broker Demat account?
ICICIDirect is the best bank Demat Account in India. Bank has 20+ years of experience in offering trading and Demat account services. ICICI Bank’s online trading website and mobile app are among the industry’s best.
Which is the best Demat account for Mutual Fund investment?
groww has the best Mutual Fund investment system. in groww app provided hassle-free Mutual fund investment.